QuantiTech is currently seeking a Safety Analyst to support our customer at Redstone Arsenal, AL.
QuantiTech, Inc. has an opening to support a US Army customer on Redstone Arsenal. Candidate must have experience in the field of Safety, have good oral and written communication skills, and have experience working in a Program Office environment.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Conduct safety assessments and hazard analyses of hardware and software in a variety of US Army weapon and combat systems (missiles, rockets, radars, launchers, and communications) and related support equipment IAW Mil-Std-882E
- Prepare, update, or assist in the development of Safety Assessment Reports, Hazard Analyses, and Safety Risk Assessments
- Participate/support System Safety Working Groups (SSWG)
- Prepare, review, or provide input to Safety Management Plans (SMPs) and Safety Program Plans (SSPPs) and related program management safety documentation
- Prepare and maintain Hazard Tracking functions for project office
- Conduct or review safety assessments of new, updated, and/or modified weapon systems and combat hardware, including engineering change proposals, waiver, and exemption requests
- Review and/or provide input to contract documents, such as Statements of Work and Specifications, for safety-related implications to ensure safety considerations are properly addressed
- Assess system test documentation for incorporation of safety related requirements and testing to verify/validate safety requirements
- Perform technical safety reviews and develop required documentation for Government acceptance
- Prepare Material Release request documentation/packages
- Perform safety assessments on weapon and combat systems
- Meet with system contractor engineers, Joint Analysis Team members, other PM Office, PEO, Army Test & Evaluation Command, and Army Materiel Command Safety Office representatives to review safety-related documentation, test reports, test data, theater incident data and discuss safety implications and assess risk levels prior to systems being deployed or fielded to soldiers
- Review contractor documentation for safety implications and to assess risk levels and mitigation strategies
- Jr Level Engineer will have a minimum of 3-5 years applicable System Safety experience.
- Mid Level Engineer will have a minimum of 6-10 years applicable System Safety experience.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Science, or related discipline.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Excellent customer interface and communications skills, written and verbal.
- Willingness to travel, up to 10%.
- Experience in Government/Military System Safety approval processes as delineated in Mil-Std-882E, Safety Military Standards (e.g., Mil-Std-1901A / 1316E), and Army Regulations
- Experience in the preparation, review, and input to safety related technical data packages and presentation materials for Government safety review boards, including the US Army Fuze Safety Review Board; AMCOM Ignition System Safety Review Board (ISSRB); and AMCOM Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP); and, other safety reviews to obtain Government safety approval
- Experience in developing input to contract documents, such as Statements of Work and Performance Specifications to ensure system safety considerations and requirements are properly addressed
- Experience in conducting and managing a System Safety Working Group or Safety Integrated Product Team
- Experience in Explosives Safety
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
QuantiTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance by calling us directly at 256-650-6263 or by email at: email@example.com .
QuantiTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.