Corporate Safety Director | Kansas City Office
Reports to Vice President/President
Apply for this job at: http://www.massman.net/careers
Are you committed to fostering a culture of safety? Massman Construction Co. is a leading national heavy civil, bridge and marine contractor providing innovation in a variety of infrastructure markets. Our primary clients are state DOT’s, the Corps of Engineers, and barge & ship dock owners. We are currently searching for a team oriented Corporate Safety Director who embraces safety as a core value as we do.
Why Massman Construction Co.
In addition to being an award-winning organization, we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. We inspire our employees to work and live a safe, healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.
At Massman Construction Co. you will earn:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and capabilities
- An excellent benefits package including top tier health insurance, life insurance, health savings account, long term disability insurance, access to dental and vision insurance, and more
- An excellent retirement program including a 401(k) plan with company match and a discretionary profit-sharing contribution
The Corporate Safety Director works closely with company leadership to cultivate and promote the company’s Incident & Injury Free™ culture. This individual plans, directs and implements the Company safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and productive work environment exists throughout the company. This individual fosters a commitment to Safety in the daily performance of all work performed. Our Corporate Safety Director plays a critical role in supporting the company’s core values.
- Leads the company’s safety program
- Assists in setting up and maintaining a safe jobsites and ensures ongoing compliance with safety rules and regulations at all locations
- Maintains an active incident management program
- Performs on-site audits to identify unsafe operations, risks and compliance issues
- Oversees and supports safety meeting implementation and documentation
- Serves as the company safety subject matter expert with clients, regulators and employees
- Develops and analyzes reporting to identify trends and indicators to help prevent future incidents
- Identifies, creates and conducts safety training for compliance with all safety requirements
- Develops and mentors jobsite safety professionals
- Participates in relevant industry associations and forums
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and related experience Degree in Occupational Safety/Health is a plus
- At least 10 years construction safety experience
- Must have OSHA30 certification
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local safety regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA and Coast Guard safety regulations
- Skilled in hazard recognition, record keeping and implementation of corrective measures
- Willingness to work with others and help lead and improve our company safety culture
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to train and educate others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to navigate project sites and frequently walk, climb, balance, stoop, and crawl over uneven terrain. Must have the ability to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions while accessing temporary structures or confined spaces.
Varying amounts of travel
Since 1908, our heavy civil and marine contracting company has been developing and improving U.S. waterways and infrastructure. For five generations, Massman has been an integral part of our nation’s vibrancy and strength as well as an industry leader in markets nationwide. Our vision is to be the contractor of choice for services and solutions in the heavy civil, marine and transportation markets by providing rewarding opportunities for our employees and unsurpassed value for our clients.
Massman Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Massman Construction Co. to recruit and to hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classes protected by applicable law, and to not discriminate with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfers.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.