A member in good standing with the World Safety Organization who has unselfishly provided significant assistance and support of the local community programs where safety was the most important aspect, as well as a strong dedication to the WSO purpose of protection of people, property, resources, and the environment, and with a full support of the WSO motto “Making Safety A Way Of Life…Worldwide.”
Mr. Eros G. Zuñiga | Mandaluyong City, Manila, Philippines
Eros G. Zuñiga is the 9th and current president of the Safety Organization of the Philippines, Inc.. He is a DOLE Accredited Occupational Safety and Health Consultant, a retired Military Officer, a Concurrent Faculty Member of the SOPI Institute on Occupational Safety and Health, Loss Control Management, Safety Evaluation Program, Safety Management, Industrial Security and Safety, Industrial Fire Brigade and Emergency Preparedness, Defensive Driving Course, among others.
Mr. Zuñiga was selected to be the Sectoral Representative of CWS (Construction Worker Solidarity). He was elected to the SOPI presidency in 2004, and has won re-election ever since. He is the current president to date.
- President of the Philippine Society of Safety Engineers (PSSE) since 1998 to existing
- Vice Chairman of the Board (2015) and former Vice President (from 2010 to 2015) of the Federation of Industrial Security Organization of the Philippines (FISOP)
- President of the Association of Safety and Health Training Organizations of the Philippines, Inc. (ASHTOP) since 2005 to contemporary
- President of Aider’s Philippines since 2004 to current
- Vice President of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) – Asian Chapter since 2010 to present
- Member of Asia Professional Security Association (APSA) since 2002 to present day
- Affiliate Member of the World Safety Organization (WSO)
- Lifetime Member and Former Director of the Association of Safety Practitioners of the Philippines, Inc. (ASPPI) since 2005
- Founding Member and Director of the Boards of Workplace Advocate on Safety and Health in the Philippines, Inc.