Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Posting No. 592 Posting Period: September 14, 2016 – Open Until Filled
The hiring range for this position is $68,206 to $85,258.
Summary of Duties
Reporting to Chief Safety and Environmental Compliance Officer, the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for safety policy development and oversight of Metra’s Safety and Environmental Compliance Quality Assurance program. Provide guidance, direction, and quality assurance on program implementation, government regulations, employee safety quality standards of practice in the areas of: FRA, FTA, OSHA, and other pertinent safety regulations. Develop and conduct job hazard assessments and risk based hazard analysis for railroad operations and recommend corrective actions. Provide field safety oversight and relief as needed to meet the demands of the Agency. Attend safety and construction meetings throughout six-county region as needed. Perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Emergency Management, Industrial Hygiene, or related field OR in lieu of specified degree, any combination of education and experience may be substituted for the required degree that equals four (4) years in managing safety, quality, environmental and related functions of a safety and quality assurance division in a medium to large organization. Advanced degree preferred.
2. In addition to #1, must have six (6) years of safety experience that includes developing and implementing auditing procedures programs and performing trend analysis.
3. Must have two (2) years indirect supervisory experience.
4. Knowledge of railroad operational characteristics, services, and activities of safety and quality assurance and associated programs.
5. Knowledge of pertinent state and federal, FRA, and FTA regulations; Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
6. Skill in interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
10. Trained and certified with ISO 19001 or similar able and/or be able to obtain with 180 days of hire.
11. GCOR Rules and Roadway Worker Qualified or become Rules qualified within 180 days of start date.
12. Certified Safety Specialist (CSS-Rail) or Certified Safety/Security Director (CSSD-Rail) designation is preferred, but not required.
All employees are responsible for performing their job safely and in accordance with the safety objectives, goals and program of the organization, ensuring compliance with applicable safety rules and regulations.
Other Important Information
Selected candidates are subject to a physical examination/drug test and background check to verify information regarding education, employment, vehicle and criminal history. Relocation is not available for this position.
To apply for a position at Metra, please send your cover letter which must include the position title and your resume to the following email. Please be sure to list the job title in the subject line of your email.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Metra does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Metra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or any protected categories, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Metra / 547 W. Jackson Blvd. / Chicago, IL 60661