Environmental, Health & Safety consulting firm in Buffalo, NY, is celebrating 20 years in the EH&S business and seeking an energetic and experienced Safety Professional who is looking to make an impact in a dynamic company, make key decisions and influence the organizations with whom we interact. Our clients are primarily in the Buffalo area and range from small to mid-sized industrial/manufacturers. We assist our clients with the responsibility of ensuring the safety and well-being of their associates, minimizing the EHS impact of their activities and complying with all applicable safety and industrial hygiene regulations.
Some of the opportunities with this position include working with our clients in the following manners:
- Interact with diverse populations within clients’ locations including: EHS, occupational health, facilities maintenance, engineering, human resources, operations and other functions to promote safe, healthful and environmentally conscious work practices.
- Perform and document EHS safety inspections and ensure timely corrective actions are implemented for identified non-compliances.
- Perform and document risk and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) assessments and implement controls.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver EHS training to identified target audiences and maintain training records.
- Perform and document accident/incident investigations, root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions and follow through to closure.
- Coordinate and lead safety and emergency response teams, including leading meetings, training, drills and debriefs.
- Perform and document workplace ergonomic assessments.
- BS specializing in safety, environment, industrial hygiene, chemical engineering, physical sciences or other appropriate field.
- Three (3) years (minimum) experience in EHS operations.
- Working knowledge of local EHS requirements.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Strong organizational and records management skills.
- Strong presentation skills working knowledge in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Safety certifications such as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus.
Qualified individuals are eligible for:
- Competitive salaries, depending on experience
- Medical benefits, 401K, bonuses
- A well-established firm dedicated to quality, independent working conditions, and family
- A management team that recognizes top performers and rewards excellence